Sunday, May 20, 2007

Over Eager

In my over eagerness to learn more about my summer home, yesterday I drove to my neighborhood bookstore and plopped down on a stool in the travel section. I pulled out four different travel guides for Chile and flipped to the index to look up Santa Maria. No dice. Then I looked for San Felipe and out of the four guides, San Felipe was mentioned only in one! It wasn't even a feature. All this guide said was that San Felipe was a good day-trip from Valparaiso and it had some "pretty historical buildings" to see.

That's it.

Oh well.

I bought a different guide (the cheapest one) and went home to do another internet search for San Felipe. I did find this article that's more about the region around San Felipe in general. Check it out!

Another thought that I had last night: I will see a whole new set of stars when I'm down south. Kinda exciting.

Have a good week, everyone!

No comments: