Saturday, June 16, 2007

I´ve arrived! But my luggage, no.

Hola de Chile! I arrived this morning after three flights and 15 hours. After an hour, I finally got through immigration and went to wait for my luggage. And I waited... and waited 30 minutes. It´s cold in Chile, so my luggage decided to stay in Miami. This may be convenient for my luggage, but not for me. I am left coatless and shoeless (I am wearing sandals) and pijama-less until tomorrow. Luckily, I met two other girls from the program, Lindsey and Emily, who can loan me some things to hold me over until my luggage arrives. I´ll be in Santiago for a week and I hope to blog frequently. I´ll also try to upload some pictures.

This morning, as I was flying into Santiago, I had the best view from the plane´s window. The snow-covered Andes mountains were on my left and the sun was rising behind them, making it appear as if there was a great fire on the other side and I could only see the light. I can´t begin to describe how beautiful it was. Photo: La Moneda (Government Palace) in Santiago.

After a week-long orientation in Santiago, I go north to the town I will be staying in. I´m living with another teacher named Rosa. I´m very excited to get there and get settled in.




Take care and enjoy the warm weather!

No comments: