Thursday, June 28, 2007

La Reina

I am royalty. Really. Kids come up to kiss me on the cheek (typical greeting), touch my hair, stare at my eyes. They ask to carry my bags. They can't wait for English class. But today's recess took the cake.

I was sitting outside in the patio when one of my students came up to me with her notebook and pen. I thought maybe she wanted me to translate something, but instead she asked for my autograph. I'm 100% serious! I told her that I wasn't famous, but she replied 'Here, you are.' So I wrote a little message in English and signed my name. Soon, I had a line of students waiting for me to sign their notebooks and write messages in English. I only had time to sign two, and my admirers were sad that I didn't get to sign theirs, but I told them we had 8 more weeks and that I would sign every single notebook.

Yo soy la reina.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen! So glad you are having such a great experience! I am sure it feels great to have the kids so interested in you and what you are doing! Take care of yourself and I am enjoying reading your blog, keep it coming! From Lisa