Sunday, June 17, 2007

Strength

This morning I woke up, still without my luggage, and I must say that I was feeling quite depressed. I asked myself how I could be so crazy and why I would come here. I was cold, I felt dirty, and more than that, I felt alone. I woke up before the other girls in my room, ate breakfast with a guy from Ireland that´s here just to travel, and went out. I walked to the Plaza de Armas and went into the cathedral. Mass was about to start, but I just sat down and prayed. I prayed for the strength to carry on. I prayed for my purpose to be revealed to me. I prayed for the opportunity to change the lives of the people I meet and have them change mine. Then, I left and returned to the hostel

...where, an hour later, my luggage arrived. And with it arrived my strength.









Cerro Santa Lucia, on my walk through the city.

View from Santa Lucia, National Library

No comments: